Monday, October 2, 2017

What do Bag It 2017 and a bra have in common? :)

THIS!  I just finished this boxy bag - it worked out quite well - this fabric is adorable, lol.   It finished to 9" wide x 4" deep by 3.5" tall (my quilted outer was cut to 14w x 16t) - just right for some pretty lingerie or some bubble bath and chocolates :D  It'll be sent on to Blue Hills - I'm sure someone will be happy to get it :)

Here are a few detail pics:

In case you don't know what a bra is - this fabric explains it for you! ;)

I use prairie points for the grab tab on both ends (to make the bag easier to zip and unzip) - I decided to add a bit of bling to them this time, and I quite like the finished look :)

Could I have found a more perfect charm for the zipper pull?  I THINK NOT!  :)

 This is bag #2 I'm posting to Bag It @ Patty's site -- check out the other bags here!


15 comments:

  1. This is just wonder(bra)ful ;-) !! And the zipper pull is amazing ! I really love the bag !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Prairie Points for grab tags! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bag. Good on you for donating such an awesome bag. They'll be fighting over this one. Cute zipper charm!
    Did you see where I caved and entered (elm street)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the prairie points as tabs! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Gotta love that zipper pull also :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME fabric!!! Boy would I like to come fabric shopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this so much! The prairie points are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was stuck at bags wear bras and...

    Prairie point with a button--great idea! Looks good and easier to get a grip on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling Busty bag! LOL!!! Love the charm too, what a great find! I used to make prairie points on all my small zippered bags too. I like the button idea of additional bling there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous bag Sandra! I don't know why I am amazed anymore at the bag pulls you have in your stash, but I am :)
    The prairie points are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous pouch. I'm sure it will be very well received :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute, cute! Using prairie points for tabs is genius. Trying to topstitch those tiny fiddly tabs is always a downer for me and ruins the look of an otherwise perfect bag. I will take a lesson from you and try these next time. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cute bag and will be a pleasure to recieve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great boxy bag - I love making these. Quite unique fabric. Thanks for sharing as part of Elm Street Quilts Bag It.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the fabric - and prairie points are a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails