Sunday, August 1, 2010

A wee bit of shopping ...

Hubby and I went to Buffalo this long weekend - partly as a celebration for our 25th anniversary (on Tuesday), but mainly because I love going there to shop @ Joanns, LOL.  Here are a few bits and pieces I picked up during our trip ;)

This is the fabric I chose for a baby quilt I'm making for an expectant niece.  The green fabric at the bottom is similar to minky - it's unbelievably soft - baby will enjoy snuggling on it!

The green fabric (back) is what I picked to go with the floral print.  The floral was given to me by a friend, and I cut it into 10" squares for a quicky donation quilt.  Hopefully there's enough of the green for the alternate blocks and backing :)

The train print is from a Hobby Lobby visit a year or two ago.  I found the blue stripe fabric yesterday to co-ordinate with it.  This will likely be a donation quilt so it'll just be a simple 1 patch with alternating train/stripe blocks. 

I think I need more hours in the day ;)

1 comment:

  1. Cute stuff! Can't wait to see the final projects. They just opened a Hobby Lobby close to us but I've never been. May have to remedy that today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails