Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I changed my mind ...

about the fabrics to use in Kelly's Make a Bag Sewalong.  I didn't find the co-ordinating prints I wanted to use with my Moda "Fresh Squeezed" charm squares so I decided to do the set in black/white prints with bright green as an accent color.  I pulled out the fabrics and started cutting :)  I'm using 6" squares for the tote instead of 5" squares - I prefer my bags on the larger side (kind of like ME, lolol) :D

She'll be putting up part 2 any time now, so I need to get my butt in gear and get part 1 completed!! ;)  Sewalong info/tutorials/instructions here ... and flickr photo album here :)

*oooOOOoo* I just thought of something - my friend Nancy recently gave me a spool of black sparkly thread -- I can use it for this bag set!!!  *excited happy dance* :D

1 comment:

  1. That is a smashing colour combination and will look fantastic. And I can't wait to see how you use the black sparkly thread! Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails