Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OOOoOOO Baby!

I finished this little treasure last night - the top was an oldish (more than a year, I think) UFO ... I got some great fabric on sale at Fabricland for the backing/binding, and got working :) It measures 36" square, and has SITD + freemo quilting. It's batted with a warm 'n natural type batting - that stuff is really nice to work with. I'm very happy with how it turned out, although the colors don't look very true on my monitor - they're a bit crisper and fresher than they appear. This quilt will be off to Malawi later this month!

P.S. The appliqued heart near the top/right covers up a white selvage spot where I was running short on fabric and had to include the selvage to get the block cut to the right size, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails