Saturday, February 2, 2008

One more mile, and a cage quilt :)

I got in my one mile "easy walk" this morning - it was harder to do today than it was yesterday, so my legs didn't lift quite as high, and my arms kind of hung by my sides, LOL. But I did it, and I'm very happy --- 2 miles down, 98 miles to go by May 1, LOL! *Sandra pats herself on the back for a job well done* :)


Yesterday I finished up another cage quilt using recycled linen and fabric/thread scraps that I save up in a pillowcase. I put a bunch of fabric scraps in an old pillowcase, sewed the case closed, did a bit of "cross-hatch" stitching on it so the fabric wouldn't all migrate to one corner, then made a cover for it with some orange polyester (HA!) from my late MIL's house. It measures 17" X 19", and I know it'll soften and warm a cage for one of our homeless 4 legged friends :) I'm sure the animal won't mind the orange!

1 comment:

  1. 2 miles...makes me think of beer for some reason....

    Hahaha...orange poly...nope, doggies won't care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails